Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Nest passes the test

Last week I ventured out to OkraTown to try a new restaurant – Boar’s Nest Barbeque (website still under construction).

This all-you-can-eat buffet is on Broad River Road in Lake Murray Country, and it’s a first-class operation. The buffet is similar to the Palmetto Pig's, but the main difference is that Boar’s Nest planned ahead for the line of people that inevitably forms when you serve up good 'cue buffet-style.

The buffet has pulled pork, hash, rice, green beans, cole slaw, chicken, hush puppies, potato salad, and more. You can pay a little extra for some red velvet cake, but if you have room for dessert, you’re not taking this buffet seriously.

Boar’s Nest caters, too -- I first tried their food at a Christmas party a few weeks ago. And I like the fact that they made the effort to get a memorable phone number.

Gervais says, the Nest passes the test. Get some!

Speaking of OkraTown, thanks to my good friend (and Irmo resident) PettyCa$h for the new Barbecue & Politics logo. What do y’all think?

8 comments:

earlcapps said...

Love the new logo. Excellent work!

Anonymous said...

But I don't have a "Q" on my phone!!!

Laurin Manning said...

When I was a little girl, one of my favorite books was The Best Nest. "I love my house, I love my nest--in all the world my nest is best!"

Anonymous said...

Visited the website. It spoke, "Our website is currently under construction. Please bare with us while we move into our internet home."

Durn, Gervais. You didn't tell us it was a nudie buffet. Be right there!

Love your new logo.

Laurin Manning said...

look atcha with the fancy masthead! i'll bet mama and papa purple martin are so proud.

Anonymous said...

Happened to be in the neighborhood this weekend and stopped by the Boar's Nest for lunch. It was yummy. I loved it and will certainly venture back again!

Anonymous said...

Gotta ask: Is the 'cue cooked with wood? That's what makes really good barbecue for me, and why I'm not quite as enthusiastic about Palmetto Pig and Po Pig as some folks are.

Smoke. Mmmmmm. Hudson's. Little Pigs on Alpine.

Anonymous said...

The Boars Nest cooks with hickory & green apple...I think.